Sunday, February 24, 2013

"UNO" Birthday Fiesta

I wasn't going to do anything big for Scott's first birthday because I was still battling morning sickness (ok, "all day" sickness) and quite frankly just wasn't in the mood....then I started feeling badly about it and threw together a party for our little one year old!  I was so happy I did because it was a lot of fun!  Thank goodness I decided to keep it indoors because it was pouring that day.  I decided on an "uno/fiesta" theme and chose to make all the mexican food myself.  It was a lot of work but so worth it!  We had a mexican feast!  It was very chill.  We just ate and visited while the little ones played.  A big thanks to all our wonderful friends here in NYC.  

Homemade chicken taquitos
My green chili pork for tacos


This was the extent of the decorations...UNO cards!








Boys with their maracas

Love my little man!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Uno cards! Brilliant. You slaving over Mexican with morning sickness reminds me of the time I decided to make tamales in my first tri…. STUPID STUPID STUPID. I was laid up in bed the whole next day with my house reeeeeking of garlic. WORST experience. You're one tough Mama!